It’s March, and time is running out for students to plan their next steps after graduation. As college decision-making time looms, worried parents might be contacting you for guidance. As a concerned counselor and mother of 12, I have some tips!
I frequently hear parents’ concerns about the stresses involved in education and career planning during these challenging times. Here are some researched tips that you can share with parents during this stressful time.
- Give options. Instead of feeling persuaded, students need to feel empowered with the information to make the right choice.
- Discuss career plans and show them colleges oriented toward those goals. Make sure to look at the colleges’ job placement rates.
- Help them understand that success is the intersection of what you love, what you are good at, and what the market needs.
- Discuss potential job salaries and research career success outcomes.
- Assess affordability of various schools and technical programs to stay out of debt.
- Choose ideal locations for your student. Now it is especially important to consider the pros and cons of online versus on-campus options.
- Discuss leadership. Learning leadership skills is especially important in today’s challenging job landscape.
I founded STONEPILEllc to give students an option to pursue higher education in a lucrative and rewarding career while avoiding school debt. We focus on leadership and values-based training methods to give students exciting job opportunities in an innovative field
How Can STONEPILEllc Help?
STONEPILEllc provides the opportunity for an Associate in Applied Science in Construction and/or a Bachelor of Applied Science in Construction Management, allowing students to gain marketable construction and leadership skills while enjoying the fullness of a 2- or 4-year degree.
Here Are Some of The Advantages of STONEPILEllc Programs:
- Affordability—For 3K per semester, we keep costs low.
- Online—We have a 24/7 learning environment with instructors in the field.
- Building Leaders—Our leadership training coursework links students with jobs that start at 90K+ salaries.
- Innovation—We are the only online college of its kind specializing in real-time real-world technology and skills.
- Leadership-focused—We prepare students for leadership opportunities in the $1.3 Trillion construction sector, which is ready for the taking.
As college decision-time begins, don’t let your students miss out on this affordable, accessible, and success-oriented opportunity!
Stay connected on our social media.
*All images courtesy of BASE4