The objective of this program is to prepare the student to work in a leadership role in the building construction field. The program coursework will include 60 credits and will fulfill the general education requirements for an Associate degree and specific coursework in construction. The program is designed to train the student through the construction timeline of a building project. The student will learn construction materials, site construction, foundation, and concrete construction, building framing construction, masonry construction, plumbing construction, HVAC construction, envelope construction, electrical construction as well as construction drawings, mechanics, leadership development, technical communication, and accounting practices for the industry.
The student will work daily with construction drawings, construction specifications and product specifications acutely preparing them for actual field conditions. The students will be ready to engage in the work that increasingly involves automation, AI, robots, technology, and the global business landscape. In addition, General Education credits per the standards of the Department of Education for an AAS degree are included. The Associate of Applied Science in Construction program devotes 35% (21 out of 60 credits) of its instruction to General Education with at least one Humanities/Fine Arts, one Math/Hard Science, and one Behavioral Science.
This program will be taught online using Basecamp as the secure correspondence platform. Each semester will have five 3-credit classes for a total of 15 credits per semester. Each class will be 4 months long with 30-45 lessons and assignments. STONEPILE llc will offer 3 semesters per year: fall, spring, summer. Each credit will cost $200. A part-time student as a maximum of 4 years to complete the program.
- Program: Associate of Applied Science in Construction.
- Start Date: 4 January 2021
- Tuition: $200 per credit
- Total Credits: 60 semester hours
|Tuition||Books||Technology||Total Cost (4 semesters)|
Delivery Method: 100% Online/Distance Education
- 161 Site Construction & Construction Materials
- 162 Foundation & Concrete Construction
- 101 English Literature and Composition
- 111 Analytic Geometry and Trigonometry
- 191 Construction Practicum 1 (field lab for 161 and 162)
- 171 Building Framing Construction
- 131 Psychology: Ethics, Values, and Leadership
- 164 Masonry Construction
- 112 Accounting
- 192 Construction Practicum 2 (field lab for 164 and 171)
- 271 Construction Drawings & International Building Code
- 201 Communication – Digital Composition
- 281 Plumbing Construction
- 282 HVAC Construction
- 291 Construction Practicum 3 (field lab for 203 and 204)
- 272 Envelope Construction
- 221 Physical Science – Mechanics & Statics
- 231 Psychology – Leadership Development
- 284 Electrical Construction
- 292 Construction Practicum 4 (field lab for 206 and 209)