The Master of Applied Science in Prefabrication, Modular, and Offsite Construction degree program trains students in the science, theories, and skills of professional development, servant leadership, organizational change, and program development. Different from a Business Administration degree, the MAS focuses on automation, prefabrication, and not being complacent with industry habits of the past. Targets of study include the optimization of monetary and human capital, product quality and scheduling proficiency, as well as innovating to improve industry efficiency. Students learn to navigate the people-side of the business world, creating positive workplaces that lead to personal and corporate growth, learning, development, innovation, and success. Furthermore, the program prepares students with the technologies needed to lead in a rapidly changing global economy and communications landscape. Graduates from this program have a variety of employment opportunities such as working for general contractors, sub-contractors, construction management firms, and architectural and engineering firms.
This program will be taught online using Basecamp as the secure correspondence platform. Each semester will have two 3-credit classes for a total of 6 credits per semester. Each class will be 4 months, and up to 45 different lessons and learning points.
Class 591 Master Thesis will be 6 credits and the pinnacle thesis addresses this question: How would you revolutionize the construction industry–with potential research to address speed, cost, quality, green, safety, and innovation advancements.
Stonepile will offer 3 semesters per year: fall, spring, summer. Each credit will cost $300. A part-time student will take at a minimum 20 Months (5 semesters) to complete the program.
This program is currently being evaluated by THEC for authorization and approval
- Program: Master of Applied Science in Prefabrication, Modular, and Offsite Construction
- Start Date: 4 January 2021
- Tuition: $300 per credit
- Total Credits: 30 semester hours
- Prerequisites: Completion of a bachelor’s degree and approved admissions application.
|Tuition||Books||Technology||Total Cost (5 semesters)|
Delivery Method: 100% Online/Distance Education
- 561 Site Construction & Prefab Logistics
- 562 Prefab Foundation & Concrete Construction
- 564 Factory Layout and Operations
- 571 Prefab Building Framing Construction
- 582-Prefab HVAC Construction
- 572-Prefab envelope Construction
- 581-Prefab Plumbing Construction
- 591-Master Thesis – How To Revolutionize the Construction Industry Part#1
- 584-Prefab Electrical Construction
- 591-Master Thesis – How To Revolutionize the Construction Industry Part#2
Classes 561-584 are 3 credits each. Class 591 is 6 credits.