The higher education system is fracturing—so how you can help your students?
The coronavirus hit at a time when American higher education was already suffering from a host of financial problems—rising tuition costs, student debt, and a declining population of young people attending college.
The Challenges in Higher Ed
Due to the pandemic, many students have had to forgo on-campus learning. For those attending in person, many have grown weary of the isolation caused by unintended outbreaks and social distancing protocols. Without an easy solution, colleges are experiencing enrollment drops and lost revenue that could be devastating.
Now more than ever, students need an education that is affordable, online, and career-oriented.
The Economics of Higher Education is Coming Undone
- With the onslaught of pandemic-related challenges, the fall 2020 higher education enrollment report showed continued downward trajectories.
- Another factor contributing to low enrollment is rising costs. Online college programs are supposed to be less expensive, but most colleges charge the same or even more for their online programs as they do for their traditional, in-person offerings. Students are eager to find a Zero School Dept Model.
- The pandemic has inspired the current population of college students to rethink their “dream jobs,” causing future students to reconsider which degrees might be the best fit.
How STONEPILEllc—Meets the Need
STONEPILEllc provides the opportunity for an Associate in Applied Science in Construction and/or a Bachelor of Applied Science in Construction Management, allowing students to gain marketable construction and leadership skills while enjoying the fullness of a 2- or 4-year degree.
Here are some of the advantages:
- Affordability—For 3K per semester, we keep costs low.
- Online—We have a 24/7 learning environment with instructors in the field.
- Building Leaders—Our leadership training coursework links students with jobs that start at 90K+ salaries.
- Innovation—We are the only online college of its kind specializing in real-time real-world technology and skills.
Enrolling now for a May 2021 Start!
*All images courtesy of BASE4