In today’s growing construction industry, the dependence on data-driven technologies has brought immense possibilities and significant challenges. As the value of construction projects increase, so does the risk of cyber security breaches. It is time to build a secure future; read on!
Image by Freepik
The threat of cyber-attacks targeting construction companies has become a pressing concern as it can result in severe consequences such as the compromise of sensitive information, financial and reputation damage, and the disruptive disruption of essential operations.
Construction companies should be aware of the following cyber threats:
Encryption software firms’ research reveals that the construction industry is at the highest risk of being targeted by ransomware attacks.
In this digital age, safeguarding against cyber threats has become paramount for ensuring the resilience and success of construction enterprises. Here are a few things you can do to prevent threats to the company:
- Monitor and review access rights to information to ensure privileged access management.
- Categorize data based on sensitivity and prioritize protecting valuable data for data governance and security.
- Mitigate information and systems lost during attacks by frequently securing backups.
- Ensure team members understand cyber risks and how to identify and report social engineering attempts through education.
- Mitigate third-party risks by establishing contract cybersecurity regulations to ensure external partners adhere to appropriate cybersecurity practices.
- Determine the immediate action to be taken after a potential cyber-attack and how your efforts will mitigate loss by implementing an incident response plan.
We recognize the importance of embracing new technologies to improve project outcomes and maintain competitiveness. STONEPILEllc construction leaders will be trained to Analyze, Communicate, and Executive at every step, relying on values-based training in Humility, Honesty, Respect, and Freedom.
- Here at STONEPILEllc you will learn the highest level of project management and leadership skills from experienced leaders and educators in the field. You will gain tech-focused and real-world communication and coordination skills for executive-level success in the construction industry.
*All images courtesy of BASE4
Stay connected on our social media.