Are your students wanting a lucrative career where they get involved in all stages of the building process? Check out this Career Spotlight: Installers. There are many different types of installers in the construction industry, and they each have a specialized job. An Installer is a person who connects, installs, and commissions items and products. Installers may work within various industries.
Drywall Installers, Ceiling Tile Installers, and Tapers
Drywall and ceiling tile installers hang wallboard and install ceiling tile inside buildings. Tapers prepare the wallboard for painting.
- The median annual wage for drywall and ceiling tile installers is $48,040.*
Flooring Installers and Tile and Stone Setters
Flooring installers and tile and stone setters lay and finish carpet, wood, vinyl, tile, and other materials.
- The median annual wage for flooring installers and tile and stone setters is $47,310.*
Insulation workers install and replace the materials used to insulate buildings or mechanical systems.
- The median annual wage for insulation workers, floor, ceiling, and wall is $39,880.*
- The median annual wage for insulation workers for mechanical systems is $48,260.*
Roofers replace, repair, and install roofs.
- The median annual wage for roofers is $47,110.*
Glaziers install glass in windows, skylights, and other building fixtures.
- The median annual wage for glaziers is $47,180.*
In this industry, there are more roles for installers on the construction site than the ones that we mentioned above, but some of the general duties of this job are:
- Following the schedule of installation of specific products according to the customers’ needs
- Working efficiently to deliver high-quality work on time and within budget
- Undertaking workplace training as required to ensure you are working following relevant legislation and safety guidelines
STONEPILEllc The Online Construction College is the only institution of higher education dedicated 100% to construction innovation and education.
STONEPILEllc—The Premier Choice for Construction Education
STONEPILEllc The Online Construction College provides affordable, accessible, industry-disrupting Construction Leadership training to help meet the growing demand for qualified construction leadership professionals.
Online. Affordable. Success-Oriented.
STONEPILEllc The Online Construction College is a private online higher education institution that offers an Associate Degree in Applied Science in Construction, a Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science in Construction, and a Master of Applied Science in Prefabrication, Modular, and Offsite Construction. STONEPILEllc was founded by Dr. Garry Vermaas and Dr. Jodi Vermaas in 2019 with the mission to harness the power of innovation, technology, and experience to train the next generation of construction leaders in values-based perspectives, success-oriented knowledge, and real-world construction skills. Our Trial 5 Program lets students try five weeks of school at no cost!
Assistant Marketing Director/ Teaching Assistant
*All images courtesy of BASE4
*As of May 2021 per The Construction and Extraction Occupations of the U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS.
Stay connected on our social media.